Thursday, January 7, 2010

Braid, Machinarium and Samorost 2 box art

For Christmas, I gave my brother Machinarium, Samarost 2, and Braid.

Since they're downloads and didn't come with boxes, I took some old computer game boxes and made some box art.







 

None of this art is mine, of course. I used the art from the games and patched it together in Photoshop. The hi-res images that came with Machinarium and Samorost 2 were of great help, and so was David Hellman's Braid Graphics Briefcase.

They're all great games, and last I checked they were super-cheap. Samorost 2 was nice and short, and I've only played the Machinarium demo, but I bought Braid for myself and it's really great. And hard. I'm still stuck in world 4, I think.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea and very thoughtful for you to put the time into doing this. I just finished Machinarium - such a beautiful game - i wished i had some physical art work to go along with it. You should download the full game btw. Also how did you include the game in the box...did you download to your computer and then copy onto a disk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hiram! I'm gonna buy it as soon as I fix my computer. And I was thinking about putting the game on a CD, but I just put it on a USB drive, which went in the box.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! All comments are welcome, but you have to sign in with some account kind of thing.