Thursday, April 9, 2009

Radish Sandwich

I've been wanting a radish sandwich ever since I heard that one of my favorite authors, Ernest Hemingway, liked them (not sure if this is true since I haven't researched it). I never liked radishes when I was younger, but I thought, "there must be more to radishes. I'll give them another chance."

I'm glad I did. Radishes have a very unique taste, not quite bitter, but very sharp. The texture is great, too: very crisp and crunchy. I could munch on a bowl of radishes all day! And the color...that bright white with a bleeding red skin...

I wish I had taken pictures of the radishes, or even the sandwich, but this is all that was left.



radish sandwich:
-kaiser roll
-butter on bread
-sliced radishes
-salt and pepper, enough to taste

Mmmm... sit back and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at the point you were just before trying that sandwich. Never liked radishes when I was younger, but I just bought them recently and now they're sitting in my fridge, waiting for me to give them another chance. I see a radish sandwich in my immediate future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend it. It's so light and refreshing...something you really want to take your time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! All comments are welcome, but you have to sign in with some account kind of thing.